Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

POO Patrol???

So I get a reprieve today from Scat Watch. It's rather a relief, although the dog I'm supposed to be watching is back in the doggie hospital. Please please please let them find out what's wrong with my little doggie!

I started cooking today! Don't we all do that? Tomorrow is Thanksgiving so today we start cooking. I have a lovely chicken pasta salad that I make; everyone in the family will eat it til they vomit it back up. Then they eat it again. The first time it goes down it consists of chunks of boneless chicken breast, pasta, green onion, peas, celery, tiny bits of carrot and coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce. Sounds mundane, huh? Ohhh, it's all in the dressing, trust me. A luscious melange of real mayonnaise, vinegar, dry mustard and assorted herbs and spices that I cannot mention to you because it has become a secret family recipe. But my family eats it in such huge quantities that you have to witness it to believe it! It's enough to make one believe I can actually COOK. :D

So we shall take our salad and a nice table center and go to our in-laws for dinner tomorrow; my mother in law will cook HUGE amounts of food for us. We're celebrating Thanksgiving, my husband's and my wedding anniversary and my stepson's 21st birthday. BIG WEEKEND.

There will be many cakes. Cakes are good. Cakes at my mother-in-law's are ALWAYS good. By the way, I belong to that small but significant group of people who LOVE LOVE LOVE my in-laws. They're truly wonderful people. But their dogs sniff my crotch which is a bit off-putting.

What am I thankful for? Well, this week, it's tough because I'm having a really hard time with the BPD.

I'm thankful for my husband who is unfailingly loving, kind, faithful and supportive.
I'm thankful for my children, and their health.
I'm thankful that my dog is still fighting for his life.
I'm thankful that I'm still fighting for mine.
I'm thankful that God is helping me find my way back to him.

There's probably more but I'm still grumpy. Plus I have to go to the store on the day before Thanksgiving. BLAH.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, cozy place you got here :)..

2:30 AM  
Blogger Meggy said...

Thank you! I was away for a while, but I'm back. I'll be more "regular" now.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home