Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Friday, June 09, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name

There's something eminently cleansing about having your hands in dirt~at least for me. At a time when so little seems to make sense to me, and my mind is again on hiatus, I get satisfaction and relief by digging in the soil.

The yard abounds with pretty flowers and rocks; it looked ok before, but it looks much better now. Nary a stray leaf lays in the planters. How would it dare? I work myself to exhaustion, because it's the only way my mind will stop the wild ramblings of the mad. It's rarely been this bad for so long. Usually I can find SOME form of relief, but these days, if I'm not working, insanity creeps in within minutes. I must keep working, working, working. Don't stop. Dig, plant, rake. Change something. Weed, water, replant again. Do household chores then start it all again.

The frustration I feel this time is that I cannot escape. Each time I stop working, that insanity jumps in: mania, in it's most irritating, agitating form.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Did you remember your sunscreen?

Last summer when I was quite huge and staying in Utah, my yard went to pot and weeds. And not in the good drug type way either. I've been busily restoring my sad patch of grass.

Been busy reporting pedophiles on myspace. This makes me happy in a lot of ways. Yesterday's has a thing about being turned on by teen facial expressions when they describe the stresses of their newfound sexuality and it's consequences. He likes to share so it has a voyeur exhibitionism element to it. He's creepy as hell.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Meggy said...

I am not sane enough yet to blog.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home