Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ooooo, You're A Holiday ....

I'm away!

There will be no blogging for a few more days; I'm on holiday in a beautiful place with beautiful people (family).

You should all behave til I get back and I'll tell you all about bad things in airports. As my friend said in an email: we could pick better times to fly!

Bonus points for anyone who understands the title ...

6 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

OK, the title is tickling me but I gots nada.

Taste any bottled breastmilk before you got on any planes?

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... Bee Gees ...

... we could never share the same stereo, or TV ...

... ;-) ...

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you're having a great holiday, aren't you? :-) Since the 13th? Lucky thing! I wish you'd post about it, or will post about it!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Meggy said...

From here on in, ... SAID ... is not allowed to answer ANY musical questions. There's no way he's not going to get them right because he's a musical genius and knows absolutely everything about any music ever written, no matter how obscure. And I never said I LIKED it, it just happened to fit, dammit.

I hate writing titles; it's the hardest part of the blog!!!

Bo

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... that's a gross exaggeration of the facts, and if it weren't so flattering I'd feel besmirched yet again ...

... HOWEVER, that being said, I do know the flip-side of that memorable 1961 #1 hit and Grammy-winner 'Big Bad John', by the ever-popular crooner Jimmy Dean ... ready for it ? ...

... (I-shit-you-not) ...

... here it comes ...

... "I WON'T GO HUNTIN' WITH YOU JAKE (BUT I'LL GO CHASIN' WOMEN)" ...

... catchy, ain't it ? ... here's a verse and chorus, y'all can sing along if'n ya wants to ...

Oh, it's springtime in the mountains
And I'm full of mountain dew
Can't even read my catalog
Like I used to do
I'm a-settin' in that little shed
That's right back of the house
Here's comes old Jake with all the hounds
But he's gonna hear me shout.

CHORUS:

Oh, I won't go huntin' with you, Jake
But I'll go chasin' women
So put them hounds back in the pens
And quit your silly grinin'
Well, the moon is bright, and I'm half tight
My life is just be-ginin'
I won't go huntin' with you, Jake
But I'll go chasin' women.


... is it any wonder he became a sausage-magnate ? ...

10:46 AM  
Blogger Meggy said...

Is sausage-magnate what they put in Spam??

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home