Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Failure, Or: De Ja Vu All Over Again

Things haven't been going so well for me. When the tough times stretch into long periods, it becomes more and more difficult for me to see clearly, and deal with frustrations the way 'normal' people do. As tension rises, I gather it inside me. Tornadoes rage, and little storms erupt. But eventually something will set me off, and I self-destruct.

I've done it again, and for an hour it felt good. It always does~for that hour.

There's a decision-making process involved, I guess. I hit a point of no-return and somewhere inside my head, I know it's going to happen and there's not a force on earth that's going to stop me. The crisis, the decision, the act. Why? Because as sick as it is, it gives me relief, for that hour; the relief I can't seem to find anywhere else. I'm focused, diligent. The door is locked, everything is laid out. The pain feels exquisite. Yes, exquisite~for a while. The tension that's been driving me wild dissipates~for a while. The defining phrase in my life could be, "for a while".

And then the shame sets in. Inevitably, my husband will have come and checked the door at some point, and walked away. He doesn't knock, or ask to come in. He just knows. He never questions or asks why. But then again, he doesn't need to. I ask the questions myself, and I can't answer them.

And as good as it feels when I do it, the shame is just as bad.

Failure is as failure does. It would appear I'm going to feel like shit, one way or another.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I don't exactly understand what it is you are doing?

7:49 AM  
Blogger Meggy said...

Self-Injury. Cutting.

As addictive as cigarettes, alcohol or drugs.

One more thing to quit at, and fail. I'll quit again. Whether or not I'm successful will remain to be seen.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

While I can definitely see the attraction in that and can understand the relief, please make sure you stay safe and avoid infection.
I hope in time you can figure out a way to get out of your head in another, safer way.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home