Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

She Never Even Said Good Bye!

So, she's gone.

Got up this morning and packed up
*nearly* all her shit, and away she went. I found a couple boxes in my garage and told my son he can take them to her tonight.

She never even said g'bye (sniffle). I feel so used, so hurt ... nahhh, I don't care! She's gone! No thank you, not so much as a wave on her way down the drive-way. Of course, I wasn't here. I was out drinking coffee, and imagining her packing. But she did have ample time last night to thank us and say good bye, and when we came home today to drop off the jeep. We got ... nada. Hands up: who's surprised???

I would break out into dance again if I wasn't depressed for other reasons. I might just do it anyway!!! Maybe I'll buy her something: a nice going away present, like ... cyanide capsules.

"Here's your echinacea, dear."

She's GONE!

My son came in and I heard his footsteps. ONE SET OF STEPS, and no one nattering at the cats, or dogs. ONE SET OF STEPS.

For the rest of my life, my happiness will be bound by the sound of just ONE SET OF STEPS at a time. Weird, huh?

Ok, my Musical Genius Friend, here's an easier one for ya:

Gone, gone, gone, she's been gone so long, she's been gone, gone, gone so long ....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... what's the category, "Obscure 35 year old Canuckelhead Rock Bands", for $500 ? ...

... wait, lemme guess - they still play it in Moose Jaw and you heard it while you were velvet harvesting ...

... enjoy the peace and quiet while you can ... think I'll have Chili tomorrow ...

8:25 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I've been sewing way too much and school starts tomorrow...

So, where'd the twit go? God, you didn't send her out here did you??? My next door neighbors have their grandson living with them again and I'm close to killing him. I told Justin that we need to be moving shortly. I cannot deal with that snothead as he travails puberty. He's the type of kid that you know will shoot up heroin just to prove it isn't addictive.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Meggy said...

She's gone to live in the dorms ... Uni practices have started and she's got a scholarship. However I learned this morning that my son will be spending several hours a day over there. I guess family has fallen wayyyy down on his priority list.

Send the neighbour to me. I'll make his life hell and you can relax! I'm good at it, trust me.

Bo

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home