Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Shooting Blanks

How many times can you get shot dead before it takes?

I don't know, but I'm afraid I'm becoming an expert, and it's damned unpleasant. Fortunately (?) for me, it's always at night, and it's always when I'm asleep, and only in my head. UNfortunately, this doesn't particularly make sleep restful for me.

Last night's nightmares were slightly different than the standard. There's a story that makes no sense, then at the end of it, I die. The difference? Last night I died twice. How do ya like THEM apples? Anyone who tells you that you awaken before you actually die hasn't been in my dreams.

Picture yourself running through a fairgrounds of sorts, with a pregnant woman and her husband (an older fellow), trying to protect them. At one point, you get shot in the ear, but while that seems minor, there's a major artery there that is spurting blood. You hold a piece of your shirt over it, and if you stand still you can make it stop bleeding. Unfortunately, whoever is coming after you doesn't STOP. So away you go, and as soon as you start running, the blood starts spurting again. You're headed towards a hospital, if you can make it, because the woman is destined to give birth. As you get closer, the spurting increases, over and over. Suddenly, you get shot AGAIN, this time in the chest. You hit the ground, but what's odd is that you don't feel it. This can't be good. You get back up, and stagger forward, seeing the hospital in the distance, knowing you just NEED to see this child born. Suddenly there are two pregnant women, plus some kid you coach in soccer. As you approach the parking lot of the hospital, you're unable to continue, and everything goes black. Death overcomes you.

BUT ... for whatever reason, you get a second chance at life. This is NOT regaining consciousness. It's second life. The bullet wounds are gone, and the women are in the hospital, both giving birth. I'm standing in the roadway, about to enter the hospital where I can check out the little tykes I've worked so hard to protect, and suddenly ....

WHAM!!!!!

Hit by a car, and dead again. Son of a bitch.

How's YOUR morning?

Meggy

1 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Holy Cow woman...

I've had dreams where I've died and was reincarnated, but I never die again!

When I was pregnant last I had a dream that every woman I knew was also pregnant and due at the same time. We all give birth. All their babies die and mine is the only baby that lives.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home