Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Friday, September 18, 2009

A Closet Full Of Black

I know I'm not the only one who organizes his/her closet according to colour. I don't suppose I'm the only person who's most significant colour is black. What MIGHT be significant is that I have more black than any other colour, I wear it more than any other colour, I'm frequently depressed, and am diagnosed with two mental illnesses.

Are these two things related? It really depends on who you ask. I like to say that I like black. I'm totally into the monochromatic look. I wear navy on navy, black on black, grey on black and ... sometimes I throw a bit of colour in there just to throw people off. Yet never have my clothing choices been considered boring.

Where my interest lies is in how I accessorize, and the shoes I wear. For me, finding the right shoe isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle! A great earring is exciting for me. Beautiful purses should be stroked and fawned over.  Leather should be inhaled gently, before being put back in their resting places with clean hands.

When I show up at Crazy Class (more on that later) wearing black, it's immediately assumed that I am depressed. What none of them seem to be able to figure out is that it has less to do with my depression or stress level, and more to do with being a canvass for my accessorizing. Is it really that hard to understand?

Yes, it is. And I say that because every day, this group walks in wearing the same clothing/type of clothing, same shoes, same bracelet, same necklace (yawn). I don't mind it in the men so much because ... well, sometimes no one has taken the time to show them differently. But I do get bored looking at the same thing over and over!

Am I depressed? Yes. And it's mostly because I listen to these people in Crazy Class every day..... those people whom I will describe tomorrow. This is a boring post, but it's 10:30, I'm drug-addled and exhausted, and I just wanted to get something, "up". 

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home