Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Where For Art Thou?

So where am I?

I'm whiling away the hours at a different forum, writing endlessly, mostly crap, but doing my best to help people when I can.

I tried to do that here, but with a readership of three, I reach far more people over there, with a readership approaching ... well, lots and lots. And quite a few of them actually pay attention to what I'm saying, which is sad, really, isn't it? Poor bastards.

It's all about what one's focus is, I guess. It should have been about getting it out, and what it became was numbers, numbers, numbers, and I know that's wrong.

My life is about competition. More readers there, more people asking for my help, more people commenting. It feeds me.

What's stupid is that I get more out of writing in THIS arena than I do that one, because I write what's happening with me. The wild freneticism of daily life within my mind comes out here; and I need that. But it didn't feel as if I was going anywhere because I wasn't picking up any readers. This is nuts. But then ... so am I.

There are times when the reality of my own idiocy makes me want to simply stand next to a solid wood door and bang it til I stop feeling anything. How can you quit doing what's GOOD for you because you're COMPETING with yourself for numbers?

Let me tell you, the past few weeks have been hell on earth. Oh wait, isn't it always? Seriously, the one thing that never changes for me is that drama remains part of my life. I'll try to write on that in upcoming days.

For now, I guess I'm back. Sort of.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't comment very often on your blog but you do help me. I check it every day and always look forward to your next post. I've been wondering where you've been, how you've been. Welcome back. Sort of.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know you judge your blog by the comments you get, but I like to read what you have to say just because you say it. I come back to read, not to write, does that make sense? Do you have a site counter? Maybe that would entice you to write on your blog more often. You'd see how many people were coming every day, and maybe start recognizing that some were repeat visitors because what you're writing strikes a chord in them?

6:40 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Darling, I have a present for you...

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im back as well. I, unfortunatly, have been in the starting phases of this whole bi-polar thing and it finally got its claws in me. I dont know what to do or how to do it at this point. Reading your stories helps me....please dont go away.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home