Life On The Border

Wouldn't it be lovely to add another upbeat and cheery blog to the world? Don't hold your breath. You'll get what I get: sometimes great, sometimes crap. It's a rollercoaster ride with Sybil at the switch, so hold on to your shorts! If you have questions you want answered in a future post, feel free to ask in the comments section, and I'll do my best to accommodate you. No two days are the same~some days I'm here, some days I'm not, but lemme tell ya, kids, IT'S NEVER DULL!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sunrise, Sunset....

Oh why, oh why do we have days when we awaken before the crack of dawn with the inability to get back to sleep?

Why do our brains suddenly switch on as our asses hit the cold plastic of a toilet seat?

This is how my morning started, and I'm not impressed. At 4:23am my eyes snapped open and my mind went into high gear and that was that. I could not, for the life of me, get back to sleep. Of course, this is a Catch-22 Situation, as the harder you try to sleep, the worse it becomes, as you obsess about the fact that you're NOT sleeping and become more and more wakeful; NO, don't think about that, it's too stressful, you won't get back to sleep! Try thinking of something soothing! Holidays...yes, vacations, restful vacations ... where to go ... too expensive ... finances ... gotta cut back ... Oooo .... stress ... back to square one! Keanu Reeves ... smiling ... this is nice ... relaxing ... oh he's coming to my door ... this is better ... snuggle down ... oops, husband is home ... DAMN! Ok, I wasn't really thinking about Keanu Reeves because I think my husband is really hot, but you get the picture.

The worst part of all this is that it's now 7:23 and I'm wrecked. What the hell am I supposed to do now? I've checked all my online groups; read the newspaper; posted here; what am I supposed to do? I'm TIRED, dammit! And....still in the midst of an emotional rollercoaster that's been flinging me around since Christmas (lithium here we come ... blah).

Today is the 19th birthday of the young lady staying with us. I could get up and bake her a cake if I wasn't hell-bent on killing her.....

1 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I woke myself up dreaming that I was blowing a representative of the lollipop guild.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home